Saturday, October 15, 2011

Looking for an East Coast Autumn

I love the Autumn season! I love the cool, crisp air. I love the excitement of upcoming holidays...lots of preparations and parties. There's always something going on. One of the things that I love the most is the changing colors that are on the trees. After experiencing a New York Fall, I must admit that it has been somewhat of a disappointment to see that the trees in Idaho just don't have the beauty that the ones on the East coast have. I miss it so much and I have been on the look out for beautiful leaves. I was so excited to finally find a tree that had changed colors...so excited that I had to take a picture with it! :) Sadly, the leaves barely made it into the picture but you can see the flecks of orange above my head.


Last Monday we had a random holiday. I've never had school canceled for Columbus Day so this was a first. I decided that my apartment needed to bond a little bit more as roommates. I have never lived in an apartment with such opposite personalities. My roommates are great, we are all have very different interests. So I took the initiative and we all agreed to go hiking together. We drove to Shoshone Falls and hiked on the Canyon Rim Trail. It was so fun and I wanted to just keep hiking all day. I decided that a backpacking trip next summer is a must because my little heart is missing the hardcore hiking that comes with backpacking.


Above: Jordan, Nicole, and I. We are missing our adopted roommate Jackie but we will have to catch her next time.

This is Shoshone Falls. Did you know that it is higher than Niagara Falls? It should be just as famous!

Other random thoughts: I passed my second Nursing Exam...I truly consider passing a Nursing Exam a miracle. There's no way that I could do it by myself. The Lord has been blessing me. Also, I think that I've matured since my pre-mission days. I went to "A Midsummer Nights Dream" last night. I actually understood what was going on and enjoyed it. I have never been able to do that with Shakespeare before.

Looking forward: Wedding bells ring next weekend and I get to see my family!

P.S. I don't know why my computer is underlining these words but I can't get it to stop....


No comments:

Post a Comment