Saturday, September 22, 2012

A BIG FAT SUMMER UPDATE!

To the few of you who read this, I apologize for being so MIA the last few months. Life has been crazy busy with lots going on. Here's a quick update from the summer via pictures:
One warm summer night in June, Shelby told me to dress in clothes that I wouldn't mind getting dirty. Little did I know what he had up his sleeve. We finger painted lots of beautiful pictures and ended up in a paint war. This was the end result. :) Thank goodness the river was so close-we ended up cleaning off in the river. It was so fun and spontaneous! That's just one of the many things I love about Shelby-we can have spontaneous fun doing anything. :)
In June, my roommate Amy and I made a quick trip to the Boise area. We stayed with my family and went to Payette the next day to get some decorations for Amy's wedding reception. It was so fun and Amy fell in love with Lila's ELEVEN kittens! I tried my hardest to love them, but let's face it, we all know how I feel about animals. I love my Lila and was glad to spend time with her even though it meant spending time with her kittens also. :)
In August, Shelby and I made a quick trip to Utah to go to the wedding reception of one of his mission buddies. It was a fun, fast road trip! We hurried back that same night because Lindsey and Brenen were in town and stayed with me. It was so fun to have them visit. While Lindsey was doing my hair the next morning, Brenen and Shelby played Mario Kart on the Wii...Linz and I just giggled at their comments while they played. Good times! :)
The last weekend of August Shelby and I were able to go to Middleton to watch Cameron run in his Cross Country meet. He did a great job and even got a pie at the very end. Now that's motivation to run! :) We also went to Calvin's soccer game but I didn't get any good pictures of him playing. They both did a great job and I'm so grateful that we were able to go to at least one of their sporting events this Fall. I love my brothers and can't believe that they are growing up so fast!
Shelby's best friend Sam returned home from his mission at the end of August. It has been fun for Shelby to have Sam home. For FHE on Labor Day we made Zuchinni Boats and raced them down the raging CSI river. Ours didn't win but we definitely won creativity points with our action figures!
My roommate and dear friend Amy and our dear friend Jesse were married at the beginning of September. Shelby and I were able to go to their sealing and it was absolutely beautiful! There is NOTHING better than a temple wedding-no words can describe that spirit that was there. Congratulations Amy and Jesse! We love you!
Here's my friend Nakia and I with the beautiful bride. The reception was great and was perfect for Amy and Jesse.
This picture describes something that we do often-ice cream at Sonic. It's what we do. :)
Have I mentioned that I love this kid? He's great and was absolutely one of my favorite parts of the summer! Now we've made it through the first four weeks of school-exams and everything! It's been rough with lots of withdrawals but it's been good! Here's to two more semesters of school and the changing seasons!

2 comments:

  1. Shelby looks like he is so much fun! what a stud! spontanious fun- i wich i had more of that! LOVE the zuchinni boat! love you sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to see you're doing so well! I dont have your number for some reason. He looks like a wonderful man! Love you dear cousin!

    ReplyDelete