I survived my first semester of the Nursing Program. I finished up my finals yesterday, met with my clinical instructor, then came home and took a deep breath for the first time in four months! I have been so blessed this last semester. I have made so many wonderful friends here. I am thankful for the Lord's guiding hand in placing me right where I need to be. In between studying and taking exams, I somehow found the time to throw a party. My friend Britni started selling jewelry last month. We had a jewelry party and movie night all rolled into one. It is always fun to get together with friends and just enjoy each other's company. Being the typical, forgetful person that I can sometimes be, I didn't get any pictures of the actual party but I did take pictures while I was making treats for it. We had these delicious chocolate covered pretzels...my favorite holiday treat! We ended up watching The Forgotten Carols for the movie night and it was good. It was a little different than I had anticipated but the music alone makes it well worth watching.
Also, in my "free time" (that I probably should have spent studying:), we got a group together and lip synced at our Ward Talent Show. It was epic! For those of you who haven't seen BYU's Divine Comedy Provo Girls...it's hilarious, slightly exaggerated but somewhat true. We decided to create our own version of Provo Girls to perform at our talent show. If we had time, we would have changed the words to "Twin Falls" but time did not allow. Here's our version:
I am excited for a month long break from school. This first week of the break will be spent finishing things up here in Twin and then heading home for Curtis' farewell. I can't believe he's old enough to be going on a mission...makes me feel super old. Oh and as you can see my attempts in blogging my 24 Days of Christmas just isn't happening...there are more important things to be done. Maybe I'll just give a brief summary at the end of the month? Blog to you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment