Thursday, December 1, 2011

24 Days of Christmas: Day 1-Humility

For the past few years, each December I have read scriptures that correlate with Jesus Christ's life. I wanted to change things up a little bit. I found a list of Christlike attributes and scriptures that explain each attribute. Today's attribute was Humility. I read the scriptures this morning right before running out the door to my nursing clinical. Clinical days are usually a humbling experience for me so I figured that I would have no problem focusing on this attribute today. :) Two scriptures on humility that stood out to me today were Matthew 18:4-"Whosoever therefore shall ahumble himself as this little bchild, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven." What is it about humility and little children? As I ponder this, I am realizing that we are all like little children. We are so dependent on our Heather Father for love and guidance. If we can remember our relationship with God, then humility will be developed. Gratitude is one way of developing humility. The other scripture is located in Alma 5:27-29. We must be "stripped of pride" in order to be prepared to enter the presence of God. Humility is vital to our salvation. I love how it questions whether or not we have used Christ's Atonement in our lives. As we apply the healing power of the Atonement in our lives, we will be humbled. I am humbled to know that Jesus Christ loves each one of us so much that He suffered for our sins and trial. He knows perfectly how each one of us feels. What a blessing it is to know this!

No comments:

Post a Comment