Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Spring Semester Wrap-Up

I can't believe that the end of Spring semester has come and gone! I am officially half-way through the Nursing program. It's crazy to think that this time next year I will be graduated. I'm trying not to think that far ahead because with graduation comes lots of big decisions. I'm working on living in the moment-not looking back and not looking too far forward. I have plans but I've come to learn that once you think that you have life figured out, a curve ball is thrown and you have to figure out life again.

I am excited for what this summer has to bring! It's only been a week and I'm already going a little crazy with the lack of busy-ness. I kind of miss all the homework. It's weird to just go to work, come home, and not have a huge list of things that need to be done. I need to enjoy this time though because starting in the Fall, school will be insane. I have a feeling that my Type A personality will love this.

I finished off this school year well and in between all the studying I kept busy with packing, moving, and job searching.



My roommate Amy is such a sweetheart! I was welcomed to my new apartment with this cute sign. It was perfect!



I always get a little sentimental when I move. I've moved a lot since I graduated from high school. I've been living in my current location for longer than I've lived anywhere else in the last 3 1/2 years. I had to take this picture of my apartment as I was driving away. It was in this apartment where I really had to adjust to not being a missionary. Lots of tears have been shed in this apartment, but oh so many happy times have occurred in this apartment as well. I will forever cherish the memories of this apartment and the things that I have learned while living there.

I am excited to make many more memories in my new apartment and I am super excited to be rooming with my friend Amy. There will be lots of good times this summer! :)



The Saturday before Finals Week, I went to a Bridal Shower for my dear friend Stacey. She's getting married in June to her dream man. They are adorable together and I'm so excited for them!



During Fall semester, I actively participated in Institute Choir. I went the first few weeks of Spring semester but after the first few weeks, I realized that something had to go. Things just got too crazy with school, my church calling, and dating. So I prayerfully decided to cut out Institute Choir as well as being a temple worker. Having those few extra hours to study made the biggest difference! The last week of Institute classes, I heard that the choir only had two girls and they needed some help. :) So, I showed up to the last Institute Choir practice, did my best to sight read the music, and I performed with the choir at Institute Graduation. I've made so many wonderful friends by participating in Institute Choir. Many of them are leaving for the summer or transferring to another school...SAD day! I will miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment