Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Women's Conference among other things...

These last few weeks have been super busy which has been wonderful and so therapeutic for me! Last week, I talked to my teachers and arranged my school schedule so that I could take off to Utah for a few days. Some of the women in my family have a yearly tradition of going to BYU Women's Conference every year. I wasn't able to go the last two years because I was on my mission and I wasn't planning on going this year, but at the last minute I decided to go. It was refreshing to go and just bask in the Spirit...I needed it. A lot of the classes were on timing and decisions and I realized how I am so not in control of things. The Lord is and even though I don't understand all things right now, eventually it will all make sense. I know this and I have seen evidence of this in my life...sometimes I just forget. :) In addition to going to Women's Conference I was able to catch up with lots of family and a few friends in the area. Since I didn't have my own transportation this trip, I wasn't able to see everyone that I had hoped to see. So I apologize to those I didn't see and next time I'm in Provo hopefully my schedule will be a little less packed! I have less than a week of school left and there is so much to do!!! I'm excited for summer and the adventures that are to come. Until next time-enjoy the pics!!! :)
These are all of my aunts, cousins, and of course my mom who came to Women's Conference. What a great group!
Mom and I...gotta love the wind-swept hair!
This is my dear cousin Katie and I. This picture wasn't taken during the Utah trip, but is from the week before when Katie made a pit stop on her road trip to see me. :)
The famous Y mountain. The one thing that I miss about Utah is the mountains and how close they are. It's only a 10 minute drive to go hiking! I'm finding that my current residence has lots of good hiking trails that are close by also...a nice little perk!

No comments:

Post a Comment