I should be studying. School has officially consumed my life. Not cool! But in two short years, it will be worth it. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to get an education. It is such a blessing! My Nursing class seems to have several amazing people in it. I am fortunate to work with them for the next two years. I really feel like we are all on a team trying to get through these next two years of Nursing school together. In addition to my heavy Nursing load, I am taking an Institute class through my church. To learn more about what Institute is follow this link: http://institute.lds.org/ There are Institutes all over the world where people can go to take Religion classes. I am currently taking a class about the New Testament. I absolutely love it! I love learning more about our Savior Jesus Christ. I really fell in love with the New Testament as a missionary in New York. The world is blessed to have two witnesses of Jesus Christ-the Holy Bible and the Book of Mormon.
So on to my subject title. Many of you know that last Tuesday I received a phone call that I never expected. My friend Ben called to inform me that our friend, Vanessa Bentley, had been killed in a car crash while on her mission. Vanessa, Ben, and I were in the BYU 51st Ward together. A little over a year later Vanessa (now Sister Bentley) and I served together in the New York Utica Mission. Sister Bentley and I were companions for three months. I have been in shock the last week or so but one thing that I know for sure is that God has a plan for each one of us. His plans are bigger than our own. As we trust in him, I know that He will lead us in the right direction. Here are some of my favorite memories of Sister Vanessa Bentley:
*Riding back to Fayetteville from transfer meeting with Elder and Sister Hersam. We had so much luggage that we had to pack it into the back sit along with our bodies. :)
*Being in a district with more Sisters than Elders. Sister power!
*Spending Christmas together-missionary Christmases are the BEST THING EVER!
*Surviving the worst Winter upstate New York has seen in years...walking.
There are so many more memories but I would be writing all night trying to record all of them. I love Sister Bentley and I know, without a doubt, that we will all see her again. She will be with her family again. I am eternally grateful for this knowledge. It's not just good-bye Sister Bentley...it's see you later!
Now about that homework... :S
AW! how sweet, I love these pictures, thank you for sharing. We loved having you both in our home, and appreciate all your hard work. Sister Bentley was a pretty a pretty amazing missionary, especially if God decided to "call" her to the other side of the veil. I echo your "see you later". love that.
ReplyDelete