Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Closure
It has been a rough week with many tender mercies and blessings. A wonderful friendship and relationship came to a close tonight. I am sad, but I have found comfort in the scripture in Mosiah 4:9 "Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend." I love this scripture and I think it is going to help me get through the next few weeks as I pick up the pieces of my heart and move on. I am simply amazed because as I have been praying and trying to make vital decisions in regards to my relationship with Paden, I kept being drawn to the first few chapters in Mosiah where King Benjamin is speaking to the people. As Paden and I were discussing where our relationship needed to go tonight, we were feeling very confused so we said a prayer. After the prayer, I think we were both a little unsure of what to do and I grabbed Paden's scriptures which were sitting in his truck and flipped open to a random scripture...Mosiah 4:9. I think Heavenly Father was trying to tell me something. :)
There is no doubt in my mind that Paden and I were supposed to meet and date. I am so grateful to Nina and Gerald for setting us up. It was inspired. I have learned so much from my relationship with Paden...more about myself and where I stand and more about how I want a man to treat me...Paden was wonderful when it came to treating me well. Words cannot describe how I am feeling right now. At peace, heartbroken, nervous for what the future holds, and blessed. I know that Heavenly Father is in control and helping me out. Especially with school....it is a miracle that I have made it through the semester despite seriously dating someone...good thing this happened in second semester! I just keep reminding myself that I know without a doubt that I am supposed to be in Twin Falls right now and the Lord is in control. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6.
My roommate Nicole is so sweet. I cried all day last Friday because I was so heartbroken over the fact that P and I decided to take a break. Saturday morning I woke up and there were these cheerful flowers on our kitchen table. It was so thoughtful of her and I cried over her kind gesture.
I have also been blessed with very supportive parents who are so willing to help me. I don't know why I was so blessed to be born into their home! I got some business things in the mail from my Dad the other day and he had this written on the back of the envelope. Once again, I teared up because I could feel the love coming from what he wrote.
Like I said, I am so blessed to have wonderful friends and family who love and support me...especially right now when I am needing it a lot. I can only hope to repay them someday!
P.S. I apologize for this post and pouting about my life...I promise not to do it too often. I just had to get it all out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi sweetness. With pain comes clarity. You were confused a bit after the prayer. This time alone with those raw feelings will speak volumes! There is no woman that hasn't been where you are now. You're going to be a better person for it. God bless you. I felt so close to you and Sister Bentley having boy talk while you were here. Keep an open mind and heart. Sincerely, Pam
ReplyDeletewhat a great outlook on things that could be interpreted as negative. Accepting God's will and the hurt you have as blessings really shows your maturity in his plan.
ReplyDelete