Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Easter Weekend
Easter weekend this year was great! I didn't do anything too out of the ordinary. Saturday morning I did the usual homework routine and then went to Buhl so that Paden and I could change the oil in my car and his truck. I guess I should say that Paden changed the oil and I just sat there and looked pretty. It was fun though and I learned a lot about changing oil. My ward had a temple assignment that night, so I hurried back to Twin, cleaned up, and went to the temple. I love the temple and I am so blessed to live close to one! I am especially grateful because I desperately need the guidance that comes from temple attendance at this time in my life. There are lots of big decisions to be made!!! After the temple I came home and remembered that I hadn't dyed Easter eggs yet, so I pulled out my kit and Nicole and I dyed eggs. It was fun and brought back memories of last Easter in Fayetteville-Sister Pitts and I had a blast last year dying Easter eggs. Sunday I had church meetings from 8:30 am until 3 pm-nothing too out of the ordinary, after that though I went to Buhl and had Easter dinner with the Mabey family. I am so grateful for them and how they welcome me into their home! Once again, I only snagged a couple of pictures from this weekend so enjoy!
One last random though to blog about this week. One of my Nursing instructor's sons was killed a few weeks ago in Afghanistan. He left behind a wife and two twin daughters that he had never met. I just keep thinking about how precious life is and how important it is to let our loved ones know that they are loved. So, I am working so hard at saying and SHOWING my love to those around me. I truly am blessed and I know that the Lord is in charge and we just have to enjoy the ride!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment